About the RMI
The protection of people and goods against weather events is at the heart of the services delivered by the RMI.
- Permanent quality improvement by means of research;
- from observation through model outputs and forecasting,
- combining technical and scientific skills with the expertise of the forecasters.
- Operational teams 24h/7d
- More localised forecasting, in particular during high impact weather events.
- New communication channels:
- improving the availability of the forecast
- allowing to reach the public and the authorities as quick as possible and at any time.
- Citizens as well as the private and public sectors
- Specialised users are also requiring support for specific activities like transport, energy distribution or renewable energy production.